Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A warriors wolf role-play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We have moved to a new site! Please register and continue role-playing there! This site will remain open for two weeks. NEW SITE!
The Four Clans

Season
Ranking system 118550235365Lpgw_zps30459c77

Greenleaf, prey is once more plentiful. The forests and Moors are filled with tasty nibbles of prey while the river is almost choked with fish.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 430 on Mon May 24, 2021 9:35 pm
CURRENT MOON
Affiliates
Click the icons below
& Vote For Us!

Top 100 Wolf RPGs Top 50 Wolf RPG

Affiliates

The Wolves of the World

Ranking system

Go down 
+2
Tallfeather
Shadestar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadestar
Clan Leader
Shadestar

Crystals : 1747

Stats
Symbols:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue15/15Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Loyalty:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue100/100Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:30 pm

Many members have made comments in the survey that the ranking system is ineffective or just plain not fun (though multiple have said it is fun as well). How would you like this to change? How do we make it more fun? How could we add more of an incentive in order to rank up? Should we speed up the process way more or just a little? Should we remove the skill sets aspect from it but keep the other two? If so, where would we use the skill sets or would it just be an "added bonus"?

Thanks for doing the survey and sending us your feedback!

Last edited by Shadestar on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tallfeather
Young Warrior
Tallfeather

Crystals : 10

Stats
Symbols:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue14/10Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (14/10)
Loyalty:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue20/100Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (20/100)

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Just a question, whats the point of the skill sets anyway?
Back to top Go down
Shadestar
Clan Leader
Shadestar

Stats
Symbols:
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:35 pm

The skill sets tie into levelling up, especially when becoming an apprentice. There is really no point to the Apprentice rank if you don't learn anything, and the skill sets show you have and have experienced everything.
Back to top Go down
Magmafeather
Senior Warrior
Magmafeather

Crystals : 600

Stats
Symbols:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue7/40Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (7/40)
Loyalty:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue65/100Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (65/100)

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:28 pm

One thing that bothers me a bit is how warriors are expected to master skills when warriors don't have mentors. Granted they can buy those things, but that gets to be pretty expensive, and could end up costing as much as 340 Crystals! For those like myself who skipped being an apprentice for whatever reason, it costs 675 Crystals!

What I would recommend doing is this:
If you skip the apprentice rank for whatever reason, you aren't required to master any skills at all.
Apprentices would master 4 skills before promotion, but wouldn't be required to master any as a Warrior.
For Both Warriors and Apprentices, 60 points is mastering. I think it is unfair to the apprentices to be declared to have 'mastered' a skill, and then once they are a warrior, they are suddenly 20 points short of mastering.

This would be much more fair to everyone while only reducing the amount of skills you have to learn by 1 skill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&
Mistypaw
Apprentice
Mistypaw

Crystals : 155
Location : Somewhere to the left, scaring wolves for life in ShadowClan!

Stats
Symbols:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue16/10Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (16/10)
Loyalty:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue0/100Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:44 pm

I agree with Magmafeather all the way! And nice name!
Back to top Go down
Shadestar
Clan Leader
Shadestar

Stats
Symbols:
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:44 am

Magmafeather wrote:
One thing that bothers me a bit is how warriors are expected to master skills when warriors don't have mentors. Granted they can buy those things, but that gets to be pretty expensive, and could end up costing as much as 340 Crystals! For those like myself who skipped being an apprentice for whatever reason, it costs 675 Crystals!

What I would recommend doing is this:
If you skip the apprentice rank for whatever reason, you aren't required to master any skills at all.
Apprentices would master 4 skills before promotion, but wouldn't be required to master any as a Warrior.
For Both Warriors and Apprentices, 60 points is mastering. I think it is unfair to the apprentices to be declared to have 'mastered' a skill, and then once they are a warrior, they are suddenly 20 points short of mastering.

This would be much more fair to everyone while only reducing the amount of skills you have to learn by 1 skill.
I understand what you are saying and I think this would work, but I want to point out that after you master skills as an Apprentice, the number doesn't go up when you're a warrior. The skill is mastered & done.
Back to top Go down
Tallfeather
Young Warrior
Tallfeather

Stats
Symbols:
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:07 am

I just don't like the whole skill sets concept in general. It just seems tedious to have to fully master three categories before you can even move up in rank -- well, I haven't even mastered one and I was promoted to warrior, which I do not understand whatsoever -- and then to have to master even more to move up from Young Warrior. I can see how they're necessary to show what you've done/experienced in the Roleplay, but imo they aren't fun whatsoever.

Maybe they could just be an additional something to improve upon from time to time [and a different concept for moving up in rank could be implemented], or they could be sped up alot. I dunno, really. It just seems repetitive and boring to constantly having to be improving upon these skill sets to move up in rank.
Back to top Go down
Shadestar
Clan Leader
Shadestar

Stats
Symbols:
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Tallfeather wrote:
I just don't like the whole skill sets concept in general. It just seems tedious to have to fully master three categories before you can even move up in rank -- well, I haven't even mastered one and I was promoted to warrior, which I do not understand whatsoever -- and then to have to master even more to move up from Young Warrior. I can see how they're necessary to show what you've done/experienced in the Roleplay, but imo they aren't fun whatsoever.

Maybe they could just be an additional something to improve upon from time to time [and a different concept for moving up in rank could be implemented], or they could be sped up alot. I dunno, really. It just seems repetitive and boring to constantly having to be improving upon these skill sets to move up in rank.
I think Russet decided you were ready without having to complete all the ranks.

And that is what Magma was saying, to get rid of the fact that you have to master more after you become Warrior.

Do you have any ideas for different concepts? I don't. Many other people said the ranking system was mildly effective, and some even said they really enjoyed it.

This is a role-play based pack, so I would like to have something to do with rp to rank up. Speeding it up could cause people not ready to rank up, or it would be really inconsistent and mess up the balance, we would have too many apprentices and not enough mentors, etc.

If we just have leaders decide when members are "ready" it would be even more inconsistent, which was the main complaint about it.

Aside from doing what Magma said, I have no ideas on how to make it better or what to do in its place if we decide to scrap it altogether. Let me know if you do.
Back to top Go down
Tallfeather
Young Warrior
Tallfeather

Stats
Symbols:
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:01 pm

You have to have sixty points to master a skill as an apprentice, right? [or is it thirty?]
Back to top Go down
Shadestar
Clan Leader
Shadestar

Stats
Symbols:
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Yes sixty points. And mentors decide how much each successful whatever is worth.
Back to top Go down
Tallfeather
Young Warrior
Tallfeather

Stats
Symbols:
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Does it go up when you become a warrior? Like, say you master your sixty points -- when you do become a warrior, does the cap go up or do you lose points or something? I'm really confused on this whole concept, but I may have a sort of possible-idea typething.
Back to top Go down
Shadestar
Clan Leader
Shadestar

Stats
Symbols:
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:08 pm

For apprentices- 0/60
Now, for warriors- 0/80

So if you mastered a skill, its 60/60, doesnt go up, doesnt go down.
If you didn't master a certain skill then it becomes out of 80 (this is implying that its harder to learn skills while you are a warrior since you do not have a mentor, etc.)

Right now we are considering getting rid of warriors needing to use those skills, though if they still want to rank up they can. I like this idea, though perhaps we should add some other possibility for becoming a Senior Warrior or an Elder to make it harder.
Back to top Go down
Tallfeather
Young Warrior
Tallfeather

Stats
Symbols:
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Okay, ty for the info =).

I like that idea too. Having to use the skills = option rather than a requirement sounds much less repetitive.
Back to top Go down
Lightningflash
Young Warrior
Lightningflash

Crystals : 378

Stats
Symbols:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue12/10Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (12/10)
Loyalty:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue30/100Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:50 pm

I like the sills sets except for the fact that I got practically nothing because I was never acively trained... However I kind of like the 'challange' of getting the skills mastered so that's why I think it's neat.

Back to top Go down
Shadestar
Clan Leader
Shadestar

Stats
Symbols:
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:27 pm

The leaders and I have come to a compromise regarding this issue. The following is now set in stone most likely, you need to achieve these in order to rank up to the next "level". Leaders won't just promote you because they can anymore.

Quote :
Pup - 0/10
Requirements to advance to Apprentice:
● Have at least 5 posts in role-play & 20 posts on the website (altogether).

Apprentice - 0/20
Requirements to advance to Young Warrior:
● Have at least 15 posts in role-play & 30 posts on the website (altogether).
● Earn 30/60 in three skills

Young Warrior - 0/10
Requirements to advance to Warrior:
● Have at least 100 posts on the website
● Earn 40/60 in two skills(can be what you learned as an apprentice), or at least 10/60 in two other skills that you have not yet begun learning.

Warrior - 0/30
Requirements to advance to Senior Warrior:
● Have at least 250 posts on the website
● Have mentored at least 1 apprentice.
● Earn 45/60 in two skills, and master at least one skill

Senior Warrior - 0/40
Requirements to advance to Council Member:
● Have mentored at least 2 apprentices
● Have 400+ posts on the website
● Be extremely active

Elder/Council Member

Graystar brought up a good point, saying that as a Young Warrior there is still more to learn and you still need to perfect the skills you learned as an Apprentice- you aren't just done with your skills after you have become an apprentice, and the above shows this. I think this is more fair/easier. What do you guys think?

This may also have us change the 4 for successful, 2 for non, because that's too easy if you only have to level up around 20 points for young warrior to warrior.

Last edited by Shadestar on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tallfeather
Young Warrior
Tallfeather

Stats
Symbols:
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:41 pm

That sounds way more fair and way more compromising. I like the additional requirements added, and how the whole skill-deal things have become a bit more easier.
Back to top Go down
Lightningflash
Young Warrior
Lightningflash

Crystals : 378

Stats
Symbols:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue12/10Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (12/10)
Loyalty:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue30/100Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Seems much nicer, I like it.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Deputy
Hawk

Crystals : 1001

Stats
Symbols:
Ranking system Left_bar_bleue14/30Ranking system Empty_bar_bleue  (14/30)
Loyalty:

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:55 am

I know this isnt as complicated as all of you guys said but i think you should spread out the skill points towards rp more that way you can still reward someone in the contests cause some people dont like them and they can still regularaly gain loyalty and skills through hunting and fighting
Just throwing an idea out there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ranking system
Page 1 of 1